Today while Silas and Kaden were fishing I took the girls on a "GDO" (termed by Maddy as Girls Day Out). We went on a mission to find a new swim suit for Madison. This hunt for the perfect swim suit has gone on for about a month much to my dismay, so I told her that we were not stopping today until we found one. The girls were both so excited when we ended up at the mall and we had to splurge on the wishing fountain, yummy pretzels and a magical stop at Libby Lu for fairy dust. Kalia had never experienced "Fairy Dust" as we only had a libby lu in Texas when she was a baby. She loved it! What could be more special that getting to make a second wish of the day at the same time as you are being covered in magical fairy dust (glitter)?!!? She happily shared both of her wishes with me and the were the same. A BALLOON!! Is there anything more innocent and happy as wishing for a balloon? I of course would have wished for money, or family, or another baby to add to our family. Not my sweet baby. The one thing that would make her happy is a simple balloon. Just thinking about it makes me smile. I wish I could be a child again just to not be worried or pressured by the cares of the world. After a long day of shopping (yes- we finally found a swim suit as well as became more acquainted with all of Northern Indy) we came home for dinner. When Kalia went to climb into bed there was a special Tinker Bell balloon waiting by her bed. (It had to be a fairy because of the fairy dust!) Oh, I wish I could share the expression on her face! There was confusion, wonder, and excitement! She got this huge open mouth and turned to ask who gave her the balloon. After explaining that it must be because of her wish she couldn't stop smiling and staring up at it. "My wish comed true!! My wish comed true!! I'm so happy cuz my wish comed true!" Needless to say, she is sleeping positioned so she can stare at this wonderful surprise! Such simple things. Such genuine happiness. I love kids! I love magical moments. I love the sweetness in her response. Wishes do come true!!
Saturday, May 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
that has got to be the cutest story i have ever heard. what a sweet girl kalia is, what a good mom you are, how fun.
What an innocent wish! I love this story! Kalia is so stinkin cute!!
Post a Comment