Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Bacon, Bacon, Bacon
Bacon is a love-hate food for me. I hate to cook bacon. I hate that it leaves its wonderfully greasy aroma in the house for the rest of the day. I hate that I have to degrease my stove top after cooking bacon. I hate how long it takes and that I almost always get grease sparked onto my hand. (I know, I'm a big baby!) On the other hand I LOVE to eat bacon! I think Madison has inherited this love from me, especially lately. Almost daily she asks me to make bacon for breakfast or dinner. I obviously don't do it for health reasons along with all the reasons previously listed, but she still asks. I decided (with the help of a friend) that with bacon on sell for a great bargain I should stock up. While in line at the register I joked that I would be stuck cooking this fatty mess for breakfast in the morning and as I joked I decided that it would be a perfect way to show Maddy I loved her and a special breakfast to wake up to. Now, if you know me you know that I DO NOT DO MORNINGS, so this was very special! I woke up a half hour early and started to fry. Maddy woke up to the smell instead of her alarm clock! I figured if I was cooking, then I should just cook it so I kept going. 2 packages later I was set!! We had bacon mushroom pizza for dinner and then I made 2 freezer meals with the rest. The only problem is that Maddy now really craves it!! She makes me smile! I remember always begging my mom to make us bacon and eggs. I probably asked every weekend. To this day I still love bacon and eggs. (I'm a little OCD though and won't eat my eggs unless the yoke is runny!! Some things never change!!!) Anyway, I know its not good for us, but I think I will start to cook bacon a little more often so that I can make my baby happy! I love being a mom!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
try the pre cooked bacon, that will solve all your problems with bacon...and it ends up being cheaper when you pay for it by weight already cooked, rather than for weight before it's cooked.
this is TOO funny...Josh can attest to my LOVE of bacon-it's unnatural! (I used to eat it raw when I was little-at least you're not letting her do THAT! I don't know what my mother was thinking!) I was being a vegetarian for a couple of months (but I still ate bacon, of all things) so Josh calls me a bad-vegetarian. i could eat it 3 times a day. And Josh still likes his yolks runny. gross. mornings are hard, I absolutely agree. bacon makes them better :)
Thanks for the reminder. We haven't had bacon for awhile, but I think we'll have it every meal this week. Mom used to make me bacon for dinner like 3 times a week when I got home from my mission. I think it's the sign of a good mother.
what kinds of recipes do you have that used up so much bacon?
Have you ever cooked bacon in the oven? It's way less mess. I could eat bacon every day. I just had it in my stromboli tonight.
Post a Comment