Well, Memorial Day weekend came and went! We thoroughly enjoyed our beautiful Indiana weather and spent most of it outside. We started with a day at Eagle Creek reservoir with the Norton's. What an awesome place! Check out the cute baby ducks!!
Sunday brought church and more headache but the weekend was not over yet! After church the kids played outside for hours. It was perfect weather! We decided to have a Memorial Day camp out the Smith family way (or Ana's way) and we set up the tent in the backyard for the kids to sleep in. The only problem with this idea is that I am an overprotective, overly nervous mother. There was no way that my babies were sleeping out there alone but I knew it wouldn't be good for me to do it. In the end, I slept on the couch just inside the door with only the screen door closed. This would have been fine except that Boo is a nocturnal pet! She stays awake in the living room. All night. Running in her squeaky wheel. I was too tired to fix this until 5 when I finally got up and locked her in my sewing room. My other problem was that I had to get up and check on my kids every sound I heard! Needless to say, I was extremely tired all day Monday! We got the tent taken down just before it started to rain on Monday and I didn't get a picture. I'm sure there will be a next time though!
7 comments:
What a fun day! And thank goodness for the scouts!
How fun!! I love that you slept on the couch. That is something I would do. You guys are always having so much fun.
How fun!
Love the outdoors! and especially the bit about you and the gondola ride! I had to laugh out loud at the whole picture in my head.
That is so fun. You're such a good mom, always doing fun things with your kiddos.
it's true-you make me feel 10 years older than i am. aren't you younger than me? knock it off! you are being a super-mom and those always make me jealous! :) you should come over here and expend some of that energy on me and kai'a...
I miss you.
Post a Comment