Thursday morning we had our first serve and snack group at my house. We organized groups that could do services for each other and we started at my house. My flower beds were in desperate need on some help and I hit the jackpot!! Who knew what great and knowledgeable gardeners were in our ward??!? I had no idea! There were 5 of us and in 2 hours I learned what each of my plants were, how to take care of them, and we got the whole yard (front and back) totally cleaned out. I also learned which plants that might have looked like they were supposed to be where they were are weeds. I've got actual chives growing and lots of mint. The kids think those are great. All I can think about when I walk past is how great they smell. When I was a little girl I was visiting my Aunt Nina (One of my very favorite aunts!!). She also had mint growing in her yard and a living room full of a giant tee pee! She's so cool! I remember going out and picking mint with my cousins and taking it inside. When my Aunt Nina started making mint tea and asked if I wanted some I was appalled! We aren't supposed to drink tea!!! I love my aunt and uncle because they always do the most fun things and they are the most kind people you could meet! My sweet aunt hugged me and told me that mint tea was okay to drink but that if I didn't feel okay about it I definitely didn't have to drink it. I love her!! I tried it and loved it. Now I just need to know how to make it 20 years later!!
I feel lots better about my yard and less intimidated. Best of all we had lots of fun and made some new friends! Thanks to Traci, Carrrie, Amy, and Toni! I can't wait till next week! Chores aren't supposed to be fun, are they?
This is supposedly my good luck fountain! Guess I can't get rid of it yet!!
2 comments:
Ok, I know I'm late on this post, but I just have to say that you are the best best BEST enrichment leader! Chocolate Appreciation Night was SO FUN, and everyone keeps telling everyone who wasn't there about it. I got to talk to people I had never talked to before, and it was a blast! Thank you SO MUCH for all you do! We love you!
Tara is right, enrichment was SUPER fun, even if I did abandon my new baby in order to attend (just kidding!) I am jealous of your all-cleaned-up-and-super-sweet-smelling-flower-beds. Sounds like you ladies had fun!
Post a Comment