Thursday, May 29, 2008

Blue and Gold Banquet


Kaden had his blue and gold banquet at the church tonight. Silas sadly couldn't make it but the rest of our troops proudly went to support him. This was our first time to do this and it was so much fun. Kaden got his bobcat badge and a ping pong belt loop. He also got to pin a cool pin on me. (We had a little trouble trying to get it to poke through my shirt but next time we will be prepared!) There were lots of boys getting all kinds of awards and then we all got to dine on some fine hot dogs and sloppy joes! It was actually delicious, or maybe I was starving. Our scout leaders are awesome. They put so much work into what they do and I really appreciate them. Kaden is so loving being in scouts. He and I have been going through his book and setting some goals to get more stuff done. So far we are done with the family fun one , or something like that. We have also started some other random ones that we haven't completed yet. This will give us lots of fun things to work on this summer. I am so proud of him.

6 comments:

Lee said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I am enjoying the time I have before all of the scouting "fun" begins.

Anonymous said...

Way to go Kaden! Especially way to go Mom! Nice that you have such great scout leaders.

Traci said...

Ana, Is that first picture Ben? Look closely. I think it is.

Smith Party of Five said...

You were right about the picture Traci! Good thing I know what my own kid looks like!!! I'll send it to you and put a real pic of my son on later when I'm not so lazy!!

Becky said...

Way to go Kaden! You are the Man!

Ashley`s Magic said...

COME BACK I MISS YOU !!! You can`t stat there forever. when are you gonna come visit again?!