Tuesday, April 20, 2010
a dead vacuum
Well, my Kirby is done. Our dear Kirby met a terrible fate last Friday evening while the kids were home alone. Maddy was helping out by vacuuming and accidentally turned the corner too quickly without realizing the cord wasn't long enough to go any further. The metal prong broke right off. My brilliant children decided that they most certainly did not want to be electrocuted so they weren't about to touch it. Thinking it through they decided the best thing to do was to wrap Kaden's hand in paper towels like a glove so he could reach into the socket and pull the metal piece out. Hello? Anyone see a problem with that idea? Lucky for Kaden he was able to get it out of the wall without harming himself. I got the phone call during time out for women letting me know after all was said and done. Needless to say we have since had a discussion on what to do if a metal prong breaks in the outlet and mom is not home. Am I sad about it? Not really. It is a very heavy vacuum with no attachments. We could actually fix the vacuum but truthfully I was wanting a new vacuum anyway. So, goodbye my sweet Kirby. May you rest in peace.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Wow Ana. When I got on my blog and saw that you had posted I had to take a double look. I love that you are back to blogging. I agree with you about the Kirby. They are so heavy.
So sad you are grieving your Kirby. But on the plus side now you get a new vacuum.
WHOA Nelly!! I clicked on your blog today just to see (as I do about once every few weeks) and I was SHOCKED to see some posts! Hooray for Ana!! So glad you're feeling better. Next time, you better be on that plane with Silas to come see us!
I'm sorry, but that vacuum sucked. You really did need a new one. I think I'll teach the "metal prong stuck in an outlet when mom's not home" lesson for FHE next week. Thanks for the idea.
I can't believe you are blogging again! If you keep it up, so will I! Love you!
Really??? You're vacuum is still dead??? Okay, okay, I give in. You win. You don't have to call me. Just post!!!! Please.
I knew it wouldn't last....
Post a Comment