Sunday, April 11, 2010

Feeling Loved!!

Wow! 3 comments on my first day back! I absolutely did not expect to be posting again already. Nothing exciting has happened since yesterday. The weather is gorgeous outside. The kiddos are laying out in their bathing suits begging to play in water. Its nice but not that nice! I went to ward council early this morning and sat down in Sacrament meeting to find out I would be teaching the combined YW lesson along with Amanda. Talk about panic! I HATE public speaking. I have to say it is one of the hardest things for me. I am not an eloquent speaker at all!! When I have to speak in church, or anywhere else for that matter, I stress about it for as long as I know I will be doing it. Ask me to speak a week in advance, I will have a terrible week. Ask me 2 weeks in advance, I will be close to tears for 2 weeks. The day I'm supposed to speak (or teach) I always want to vomit. That's how I felt today, especially since I don't even have a manual. Lucky for me I think Amanda feels the same way about teaching so we decided to team teach. It went okay. Nothing monumental for anyone I am sure, but it is over. It was great to come home, enjoy some frozen pizza, and see that people still check on me even though I haven't blogged in a year. (Or more!!) Thanks for still loving me and believing in me!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

It certainly couldn't have been much worse than that primary lesson I sat in on. "See this glove, children, it is lifeless, but if I insert my hand into said glove . . . ." Sheesh! They're THREE!!!!!

I'm sure you did great. I really can't imagine that YOU get nervous about speaking . . . . Puhlease!

battraws said...

So glad you're posting again!

Lauren said...

I bet your lesson actually went GREAT! You are awesome, and I bet you give great lessons.
I am so glad you are blogging again! WooHoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

amanda said...

I just noticed on Nedra's blog that you are blogging again!! Yay!!
And can I just say that you seemed so calm yesterday. I was panicking and you just took the bull by the horns and calmly came up with an idea. And then you seemed to comfortable up there teaching. Thanks for covering too while I went to see Tobe. I think all in all it went well and Victoria owes us BIG TIME:)

Andrea and Nate Tracey said...

Hey, two post is the same weekend?!? You are on fire!! Seriously, I agree with Sheila, don't leave the pictures up to DeNae, POST THEM PLEASE!! Some of us want to live vicariously through you guys!!! (But I AM hoping to have some pics of my own this weekend...:)!)

Unknown said...

Next post please . . . . . ;-p

DeNae I said...

Hey come on now, I post...it just takes a while. And if you're looking for things on face book, well, that'll never happen. Ana, we had a great weekend. I'm so glad we could get away by ourselves without that third wheel hanging around. Oh wait, is this public?! Love you Sheila!

Unknown said...

That's it!!! I'm going to put an ad on Craigslist for some new besties. Or maybe I should list a few. "Two besties who never call or write." Hmmmmmm. Probably can't get much. I guess I'm stuck with you.

Unknown said...

Seriously, Anna?!?!?!?! I'm over it. Call me when you post again. Oh wait....that won't happen either. LOL!