Tuesday, April 20, 2010

what a week

What a week I had last week. Let me preface this by saying that Silas was out of town all week last week. My sweet husband lets me go on a girl trip every year and never asks to go on a guy trip. My weekend away each year has saved my family!!! I always go have an awesome time and rejuvenate myself while catching up with some wonderful friends. I am able to come home and face the daily grind with renewed energy (at least for a day or two!). Silas has rarely asked me for a guys trip. This year when our good friend, Brad, spoke so excitedly about the steel head fishing in Idaho, Silas got super excited and wanted to go. I of course, being the great wife that I am, said enthusiastically that he should do it! Its about the memories anyway, right? I have to admit that I felt a little jealous that he was going to go see our dear friends Brad and Katie. I haven't seen them in way too long. As the trip grew closer my excitement for him faded. By "closer" I mean starting about 3 days before he left. I got sick. I try not to do anything halfway so when I say I got sick, I mean I really got sick! I won't describe my symptoms because honestly, who really wants to read about that yucky stuff. I kept getting worse and then poor Maddy got it as well. Tuesday while Silas was flying to Idaho, Madison stayed home from school with me. Repeat that for Wed. but add the dog who was sympathy vomiting. (Thank goodness for great friends who rushed over to bathe the dog after I broke down bawling about not being able to do it) Thursday I had both Maddy and Kaden home. I actually called off work and mutual which I DONT do!! It was awful. I am apparently pretty stubborn and would not take myself to the dr until Thursday when I was dying!! 2 steroids and an antibiotic later I am finally starting to breathe better. I want to point out that Madison is usually my saving grace when I get sick. She is fantastic at taking care of everyone and everything while I am down. What do I do if Maddy gets sick at the same time as I do? Usually I beg my husband to baby me but this time I layed around while nothing got done.
DeNae, Andrea and Tia came to visit on Friday. It was a short visit but a monumental one. Almost 6 years ago, when DeNae and I met, we attended Time Out For Women together. We went with a huge group of women from our ward in Texas and our 2 sweet newborns! I was so excited when I found out that TOFW was coming to Indianapolis this year. I called DeNae and got a group together. The dynamic duo was at it again, this time baby free! I was sufficiently fed this weekend both spiritually and physically. I am grateful for the chance to stay up all night chatting with people I consider sisters, and then taking a nap the next day to recuperate. Thankfully Silas got home Sat. night and I was able to finally have his sympathy. I don't want to be a baby about it, it was just really that bad.
Now that I am getting back on track health wise, I am anxiously awaiting the ability to run again. I actually tried to run a mere half mile today and thought I was going to die! I couldn't breathe and then couldn't stop coughing! The worst part about it was that I was running alongside the 4th grade track team to encourage them when I fell flat on my face!!! I blame it on my pants falling down and the lack of oxygen. What am I going to do in a month when it is time to run the half marathon?? I don't know! Maybe with the right cheering section (ANDREA and SHEILA????) I will be able to make it.
On a very happy note.....We sold our van last night! It is no longer a dead vehicle in my driveway! I did love that van and it was a good car for us but I am happy to move on! I am off to bed now, yes I know it is only 7:15, I am exhausted.

3 comments:

Andrea and Nate Tracey said...

You BET I will be there in your cheering section, and not just because my husband is running with you all either! (Sheila I would LOVE the company!! ;)) Thanks again SOOO much for the weekend!! You are amazing and I could never thank you enough!! I hope you continue to get better!!

amanda said...

I really wish you would have told me how sick you were DURING the sickness and not after!! I'm so sorry. I would have helped out. Next time I'll just have to call and check in on you!!

Ben and Jess said...

Hey Ana-

I heard you like to run with your pants down? Hope you are ok!

-Ben