Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Winter Wonderland
I think snow is beautiul. I love when it covers the rooftops and all the dead grass in my yard. I love how excited my kids get about it! We haven't had any real snow yet this winter, until now! I was so excited to be finally getting snow because I thought it was just too cold to snow! My bus route started out just fine. I was on time to my first stop, I stayed toasty warm in my new fleece lined snow pants, the kids were all good, and I was feeling great about the gigantic snowflakes that were continually falling during my route. I was a little more tense during my second route because elementry kids and icy roads don't do good things to my nerves but I just kept feeling happy to finally be getting snow. I was thinking about how much fun it was going to be to build a snowman with the kids. And then the reminder came......I slid past a stop sign and into a busy intersection. The only sounds you could hear were my ABS brakes grinding and fifty little kids screaming. Luckily our light had just turned red and the other cars all saw me and my facial expression so we made it through unharmed but definately nerved!! Today was such a busy day. I feel like I didn't have time to breathe but I got a lot done so I guess overall it was a good day. The icing on the cake??? We already know about the 2 hour delay for schools in the morning!!! That means 2 more hours of sleep for the Smith clan and I think we need it. I've been feeling cruddy all day and Madison is not feeling well tonight. Tomorrows another day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That makes my stomach hurt. So scary! Good luck tomorrow.
I was reading about the artic weather through the midwest and was worrying about you driving, especially so early in the morning. So glad you are safe and will continue to pray for you. I'm sure being tense all the time you are driving does wonders for your neck and shoulders!
Post a Comment