Sunday, January 25, 2009

A tear free hairdo!!!


I've finally had enough!! For years now I have spent a good chunk of time combing Kalia's long hair while she sobbed every day. We have used extra conditioner, leave-in conditioners, and all sorts of products to try to help ease the pain. My beautiful baby has the most grown up hair. It is thick and beautiful. People comment on what great hair she has all the time. I have actually been scared to take much length off for fear that without the weight of it she would look like a mushroom. I have finally given in! She has been begging to cut her hair for months, if not years. Yesterday morning after she got out of her bath I was trying to get the comb through her hair and caved! Right then I went and got the scissors and gave her a haircut myself. I don't know why I did it. I have absolutely no training in cutting hair and her hair is not like most 4 year olds hair. It is like cutting a full head of adult hair with a moving target. I started by just taking 4 inches off which turned into 5 and then 6. I guess moving targets are hard to get straight! I am super pleased with the result and so is she. She pranced around all day shaking her head, spinning around and posing for everyone! This morning we combed right through it and she didn't even twitch!! I doubt we will always be tangle free just because of a haircut but it seems so much easier to brush now! Hooray for being tear free for at least one day!!!!

I know its only 17 degrees outside but Kalia found her swimsuit that I had hidden away! I guess its an early spring at our house!!

6 comments:

Caren said...

I love her new hair Ana! We noticed it yesterday and it looks great! Kudos for being able to get it so straight,,,brave woman :-)

Tara said...

So cute! I didn't get to see it yesterday, but from the pictures it looks like you did a great job! Man, I can barely use the clippers on Jacob, so I'm very impressed!

Ben and Jess said...

hot stuff! it looks cute:) hair styling must run in our family!

Anonymous said...

Cute! You did a good job.

Becky said...

Kalia, you are so beautiful with you cute, stylin' hair. I wish I could see you spinning around and around and see your hair follow you. I'll bet it really bounces when you dance! I love you!

BradandMelanie said...

She DOES have the best hair- long or short!