My family (my parents and siblings) loves to play games. When we lived in Utah we would get together almost every Sunday to have Sunday dinner and play board games. It is a real tradition to have roast, sunshine carrots, mashed potatoes with gravy, jello, and rolls. I love this dinner and it is real comfort food for me. We did not have the traditional Sunday dinner today but had Chili dogs instead. (Sounds fancy, I know) We did however do game night together tonight. My sister Mandy (the one in Boston) knows me very well and for Christmas she sent our family a new board game called Blokus. I absolutely love strategy games and most of the time I really kick butt! (We are all extremely competitive......or maybe just I am!) I really thought this new game was cool because our kids could play it with us but I learned tonight that this game causes fights in our family. I'm sure its my fault for taking it too seriously, I mean the game is called Block-us! I should have figured it out early on but I get super frustrated when people block me. This frustration in turn gets my kids frustrated and we all tend to blame it on Dad, who surprisingly creamed me the last time we played. I'm really wanting to teach my kids to be a good sport but I sure have a hard time losing! I think I'll practice before we play again so that I can win and not worry about any of this.
On a side note for my mom..... At dinner this evening we were talking with the kids about what they wanted their life to be like in 10-15 years and what we need to do to reach those goals. Madison and Kaden both want to go to college, serve missions, and get married. Madison wants 6 kids. Kaden wants 12 (which is great because he's going to be a rich gold prospector). Kalia on the other hand wants to go to BYU, serve a mission in Japan, and work at the BYU library with Grandma where she will "read stories to all the children and maybe give them snacks and let them color pictures". She said that when Grandma doesn't work anymore she could come to story time with her anyway because all the children will know her anyway. I just thought it was fun to hear that her dream job was to do what she assumes Grandma does. Doesn't everyone that works at the library do story time? I mean, what is acquisitions anyway? We sure love and miss our family as they are all far from us right now. I'm sure its only a matter of time before they all figure out how great Indiana is and move closer!!
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
How great that they know what they want to do! Yous guys have such a great family, even if you are a little competitive! :-)
Kalia is so cute! And I was laughing at your solution to the game-tension: Win, so its not an issue! Love it.
Wow! That's a lot of great grand children! Lucky me. and to have a librarian read me stories. It can't get better than that.
Hooray to have you blogging again! I love the recent posts.
Hi I am so glad you started blogging again!!! You inspired me to start my owm www.aprincessworldatthestrads.blogspot.com sorry i know its long but i wanted to keep in touch Tell the fam hello!!! Love, Maranda
I can't wait to play blokus with you and win!! I miss you guys so much and my kids are growing up to fast and I am missing it! Don't let them grow up anymore!
Post a Comment