Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Valentines Day












We had so much fun this year for Valentines Day! Following the yearly tradition I decorated the table before I went to bed the night before so that it was festive for the kids when they woke up in the morning. The kids woke up and got their sugar high for the day with pink heart shaped pancakes covered in whip cream and strawberries along with the candies from mom and dad. Madison's morning was rough because she had 3 tests that day plus her oral report on Jackie Kennedy. Her tummy was upset even before the treats but she managed to survive the day at school doing very well on all tests and getting the highest score in her class on her report. Kalia and I went to our first enrichment playgroup at the church and enjoyed running, visiting and decorating cookies. I met all the kids and moms at the bus stop after school with yummy pink frosted heart shaped cookies (Thanks for your recipe Jamie!). When Silas got home we had a special dinner of heart shaped bbq meatloaf, pink mashed potatoes, chocolate covered strawberries and heart shaped jello cups. Kaden was eating slowly, surprising I know, so Silas in the spirit of the dinner offered $1 to the kid who finished the fasted. I don't think I have ever seen anyone shove an entire meatloaf in their mouth that fast! Kaden hurried as fast as he could to shovel it in and swallow while Madison seemed to kindly slow down in an attempt to watch the show. We were all laughing so hard that I couldn't breathe.













Finally, Kaden got the last bite down and did a jump for joy! Yeah! He's rich! He got "A WHOLE DOLLAR!!!!"










I don't know if we will repeat this lesson in manners again very soon. Madison had a hard time keeping her dinner down as she watched and Kalia couldn't concentrate on eating her own dinner at all but it was really funny this time.




Pictures of each kid with their morning treats and gifts from mom and dad.







And finally, Kalia's pose of the day. (because we can't have the camera out without taking a "model" picture!








1 comment:

sunnie said...

you are such a fun mom! i'm loving that you're posting more blogs. thanks for keeping it up so i can feel like i'm not missing out on your lives so much.