
Another catch up post, but a very special one! Saturday, March 22 was Kaden's 8th birthday! Isn't he so stinkin cute! I can't believe how grown up and handsome he is! On his special day he awoke to the melodious harmony of his half asleep family singing "Happy Birthday" and "We Love You So Much" (All of which are Schroeder family traditions especially the being awakened part!). Next came his presents, even before he could get out of bed! Who can wait for presents anyway! I'm surprised that he wasn't up at midnight waiting to open them! From Mom, Dad, Madison, and Kalia he received a new suit, scriptures, a scripture case, and the beloved cabelas hunting game for the wii. Grandma Ducky (my mom) sent him a scorpion digging kit, and a book. Grandpa (my dad) sent a hydrogen powered rocket (which we unfortunately still haven't gotten to work. Next step is to call the company for help because mommy just isn't the engineer that Uncle Nate is!) Grandma and Grandpa Ted (Silas' mom and step-dad) sent in the big bucks and Kaden added the $20 to his ipod savings. I can't wait to see if he actually makes it to $300 before he spends it! I feel like I remind him regularly that candy is a waste of money and he is saving for bigger and better things! Only $271 more!!
After breakfast we went over the the Soelbergs house for an Easter egg hunt at the park in their back yard. Kaden thought it was the coolest thing ever that his birthday was actually on Easter weekend this year. The best part about the egg hunt?? SNOW!! Yes, it was snowing ever so slightly, drizzling and raining. It was much colder than I had thought it would be so without gloves and hats and heavy winter coats my kids were quick to pick up eggs and run back inside for hot chocolate (Madison's favorite treat).

This birthday was a very special one for Kaden and a very hard one for me. I had had a very bad migraine for almost a week at that point which had me in the ER on the previous Thursday night and I felt awful still. It was all I could do to get through the day with a sort-of smile on my face and just try to let Kaden enjoy it. I was able to make Kaden and his friend Ben Norton baptism towels as had been promised a year and a half ago when Madison had gotten hers. Kaden and Ben shared their special baptism day which saved me in so many ways. I don't know what I would have done without Ben's mom, my sweet friend, that week. She did everything for me. She came over at midnight to watch the kids sleep so that Silas could take me to the ER Thursday and then she did all the planning and preparations for the baptism. She even made what seemed to be hundreds of cookies for everyone to enjoy afterward. A special thanks to Traci, I love you!
After the baptism while mom was lying down, Silas colored Easter eggs with the kids. Three dozen Easter eggs!! If you know us well, you can see the humor there. I think every year since we have had children it has
been me dying the eggs with the kids while either Silas is gone, busy doing something else, or unhappily helping. He really sucked it up this year though because he knows how important holidays and traditions are to me and how important I have made them for the kids. My poor husband has had to be somewhat of a single parent lately because I can only do so much before I am done. I am so blessed to have him. He has been such a great help and he gives a mean neck rub!I survived the day and Kaden was happy to save his cake until Sunday since he had enjoyed cookies that evening. (Besides- he was too busy hunting on the wii to look up for birthday cake!) I took all my magic meds that somehow put me to sleep and when I woke up the next morning the Easter Bunny had come. I thought I was needed around here but things just go on without me after all! All in all I think it was a great birthday for Kaden. At least I hope it was. It is one of the times when you just feel like a failure as a mom at such an important time in your child's life. What a blessing it is that Kaden is so quick to overlook my weaknesses. I sure love him and I am so proud of him! The past 8 years have gone by so fast!
Things I love about Kaden
- his smile
- his giggle
- his sweet tender heart
- his tough manly side
- his compasion toward others
- his passion toward things that he loves
- the way he comforts his little sister when she gets hurt
- how he will always snuggle mom and make sure her hands aren't lonely
- his smarts - he really impresses me
- he catches all the bugs in the house for me
- he takes out the trash
- he wants to share the things he loves
- his energy
- his cute freckles
- the way he kicks butt when he beats up his dad
- his willingness to help out
- he is so adventuresome- always up for new stuff
- he loves my cooking -most of the time
- he is so complementative to everyone
- he is friends with everyone
*******I LOVE YOU KADEN********
1 comment:
my little birthday bud just gets cuter and cuter. watch out ladies, he's got a suit now! he's guna have to learn to run fast so all the girls don't kiss out the teeth he has left. i loved how you wrote all the stuff you love about kaden. that was so fun to read about.
Post a Comment